not getting ip address

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:51:00 MST 2014

Many laptops have a wireless networking card that fits in a socket on the
main board. I have had laptops where the card came loose and all wireless
options went away. I had to open the door or case, reseat the card and all
was well.

I suspect the card was bumped from the socket or even removed and not
replaced when they were fixing your keyboard. If I was in your situation,
finding that card and confirming it is installed is the investigation I
would take. And I'd go back to the technicians and ask for proof that the
wireless is working.

Alan