Hardware question

Carruth, Rusty Rusty at smartm.com
Mon Oct 20 09:23:19 MST 2014

ISTR seeing computers somewhere – maybe it was Savers?

Also you can find used computers on craigslist, but I don’t know the price vs quality range there.

Then there is Gracie’s Cottage and other such ‘independent’ thrift stores, and then yard sales….  Or you could try that place near downtown where they sell individual boards (not apache rec.  This place is near 7th ave and Washington or some other president down there)

As to what hardware to know, you might first start asking the places where you are considering volunteering what sort of questions they get about computers.  I do know that many people seem to confuse RAM and disk (“How much RAM does your computer have?” “My computer has 500G of ram. “ No, not likely…)