VM config question

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sun Oct 19 09:34:42 MST 2014

It was a struggle to find the right way to install VurtualBox on Mint 17
KDE.  It is working now and I was able to get the bridging working.  I
removed the Nat config.  I hope that will not cause me any future
problems.

I can ping the VM from outside and can ping the outside from the VM and
I can see the default welcome web page from outside.

Thank you everyone for all your help!!

I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Keith

On 2014-10-18 12:42, Stephen Partington wrote:
> Also there is bridged vs NAT networking NAt is like having a personal
> router in your vm, Bridged means the mac is exposed to your physical
> network and you get an ip normally that you can route to.
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Stephen Partington
> <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well in most VM hosts you can create multiple virtual networks that
>> are part of the outside and not part of the outside or even relate
>> to two physical network interfaces. the how and what you are doing
>> will depend on what your virtual iron is (vmware, virtualbox,
>> kvm/qemu, ect) and what exactly you re looking to build.
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Keith Smith
>> <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As you might recall I asked about the best way to setup multiple
>>> VM's for LAMP testing.  Thank you everyone who commented!
>>>
>>> I just installed Mint 17 KDE on my test server.  I want to
>>> install multiple VM's on top of that.  I'm doing it this way
>>> because this is how I have my workstation and laptop configured.
>>> Easier to stay consistent.
>>>
>>> My question is, on my test box can I create multiple VM's that I
>>> can launch and be able to see the web output outside of the test
>>> box?
>>>
>>> Currently I have a LAMP dev server setup locally that I can see
>>> on other computers on my local net by placing the IP and domain in
>>> the hosts file.  The vhost are named like example.local.
>>>
>>> I'm hoping I can give each VM it's own IP and be able to see it's
>>> output in the same way.
>>>
>>> Is this possible.  Any gotchas I should be aware of?
>>>
>>> Thanks!!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Keith Smith
>>
>> --
>> A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
>> from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze
>> button.
>>
>> Stephen

> Stephen
>

> Links: