[OT] Java question

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Fri Oct 17 17:37:52 MST 2014

I’m guessing there may be a few java devs on this list. I’ve got a basic Java question.

I am NOT a Java dev, never actually touched it.

However, I’ve been looking at the latest updates to Java 8 and I want to look at some of the library source code to see how they did some of the stuff.

I’ve found online docs, but where can I find the actual source code for the libraries?

It’s open source, so I assume it’s available somewhere.

For example, here’s one I want to examine: 	java.util.stream.Streams

If I can find that, I can find the others. :-)

(I’ve done some searching around in Google, and I’ve found some stuff, but I’m unclear if it’s the actual source code or just interfaces to the code where the code lives somewhere else.)

Thanks

-David