internet problem

Fri Oct 17 04:56:05 MST 2014

Mike,
Just like HM said, you are going 1000mph in no direction with a 1000
posts. With that being said, all I know from this whole thread is that
you are having computer weirdness, you think your router is broke, and
this all happened after you moved your computer. Additionally, even
though all this is occurring, you still can post to this message list so
you have Internet on some device is some form. When others have posted
questions, you have either moved your questions in a different
direction, partially answered them, or not answered them at all. This
cannot continue if you wish someone to help you move forward. People
will go silent in response.

Maybe some illustrations would help in describing how your are connected
and what is working and not working. You need to go back to basics (Use
the OSI model to troubleshoot moving from the Physical layer up to the
Application layer). Examples of questions to ask yourself and put in
your message could include but is not be limited to...

1. Describe the model of your router(s) including tags so we know which
router(s) you are speaking of since I know you have at least 2 from
everything you have said.
2. What devices are plugged into which ports of your router(s) including
any interconnects?
3. What are the status lights on your router(s)/switch(es)/Network Card(s)?
4. What IP address are you expecting?
5. Are any devices working on your network? Getting out to the Internet
or getting an IP? What port on what router are they plugged into? Which
router are they plugged into?
6. If you isolate your computer and router (nothing else plugged in,
including the modem), Do you get an IP address from the router?
7. Have you verified that the DHCP client software is installed and
running on the network interface card of your computer?
8. Do you have any known good computer that you can test from, knowing
that from previous posts you thought it could be your computer?
9. Does your Internet work if you plug directly into the modem with your
computer?
10. Have you verified with your Internet Service provider that your
Internet is working properly?

Please do not just inline post a response. Put some thought into it and
respond with something easy to read by someone without experience with
your network. I cannot help you otherwise.

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.