adobe flash

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Sun Oct 5 16:56:58 MST 2014

I'm assuming your using some variant on *buntu.. Correct? Regardless,
I think most distro's now use a late enough version of Chromium that it
no longer works with Adobe flash (at least not without some serious
effort).

You would be better off going to www.google.com/chrome and
download the real package and install it. It has flash included and runs
much better anyway...

It's just easier. Last time I tried to make default Chromium use a regular
version of adobe flash I spent an hour beating my head against the wall
then installed normal Chrome from Google and everything works great.

If you really want to know.... /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
is where your libflash... should go.

Nathan

I need to download adobe flash and I opted for the tar file rather than the
apt file. The instructions say (in part):

	o Copy libflashplayer.so to the appropriate browser
plugins directory.  At the prompt type:

		+ cp libflashlayer.so
<BrowserPluginsLocation>
	o Copy the Flash Player Local Settings configurations
files to the /usr directory.  At the prompt type:
		+ sudo cp -r usr/* /usr

My questions are:

what is the appropriate directory for chromium?
where are the configuration files? I understand from the first '+' that the
text after the '+' that this is what you are supposed to type in. I can't quite
grasp what the second command is. Oh.... I understand. usr is a
directory in the tar package. They just want to copy the contents of it to
/usr . They mention that this package is for firefox.... will that prove
difficult? Why didn't I have problems like this last time?

Thanks for any help you can give.