kinda quiet out there in plug-land.....

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:20:25 MST 2014

Well,
 I could mention all the trouble I am having with gEDA gatting gschem to
connect the pins together on a hierarchical design with a top sheet and 3
copies of a repeating sub circuit. I finally had to upgrade my 10.04
through 12.04 to 14.04 to get schm2pcb to stop generating a syntax error
internally and then deleting the file with the error before I could look at
it and figure a way around the bug. But I still have trouble with power
connections not becoming named nets and attaching to chips with hidden
power pins. And lots of error messages about pins that start with letters
instead of numbers. And PCB not finding all the footprints. I don't seem to
be configuring it to search the right folders for the custom foot prints.
But at least PCB now actually gets some footprints and about half the rat
lines! That is a huge improvement over what I was getting for weeks before
doing the upgrade. I also tried just loading and compiling the latest
versions of gschem, schm2pcb and pcb and compiling them to run on 10.04,
but there we so MANY dependencies, and I got stuck trying to get all the
dependencies for guile to work. That was when I gave up and upgraded
Ubuntu. Of course now I hate the desktop and program management!

Mike

--
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." — Albert Einstein