Truecrypt site hacked?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed May 28 21:56:36 MST 2014

Am 28. Mai, 2014 schwätzte Eric Cope so:

> I found a github repo with 7.2 and 7.1a source code... you may want to fork
> and clone...
>
> https://github.com/warewolf/truecrypt

Are you certain it's the orginal code? Also, isn't TrueCrypt's license
somewhat non-free?

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/distributions/2008-October/000276.html

That's not completely what I remember as being an issue, but spot and Red
Hat's lawyers have significant credibility.

ciao,

der.hans

> Eric
>

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 28. Mai, 2014 schwätzte Derek Trotter so:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> looks like TrueCrypt has problems.
>>
>> Haven't looked at Tahoe-LAFS in a while. Significant improvements since I
>> last looked.
>>
>> https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs
>>
>> There's also encfs, LUKS ( cryptsetup ) and eCryptFS. Collect them all :).
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>>
>>  Today I read at The Register that the truecrypt site redirects to their
>>> sourceforge page, and that has a statement saying development has been
>>> discontinued.  I checked and saw for myself.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if this is for real or if the truecrypt people have been
>>> hacked.
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/05/28/truecrypt_hack/
>>>
>>> If this is for real, are there any alternatives?
>>>

>> --
>> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/
>> #  "This country has nothing to fear from the crooked man who fails. We put
>> #  him in jail. It is the crooked man who succeeds who is a threat to this
>> #  country." -- Theodore Roosevelt, Memphis, TN, 25Oct1905

#  veni, vidi, wiki - I came, I saw, I documented