Truecrypt site hacked?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed May 28 21:38:00 MST 2014

Am 28. Mai, 2014 schwätzte Derek Trotter so:

moin moin,

looks like TrueCrypt has problems.

Haven't looked at Tahoe-LAFS in a while. Significant improvements since I
last looked.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs

There's also encfs, LUKS ( cryptsetup ) and eCryptFS. Collect them all :).

ciao,

der.hans

> Today I read at The Register that the truecrypt site redirects to their
> sourceforge page, and that has a statement saying development has been
> discontinued.  I checked and saw for myself.
>
> I'm wondering if this is for real or if the truecrypt people have been
> hacked.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/05/28/truecrypt_hack/
>
> If this is for real, are there any alternatives?

#  "This country has nothing to fear from the crooked man who fails. We put
#  him in jail. It is the crooked man who succeeds who is a threat to this
#  country." -- Theodore Roosevelt, Memphis, TN, 25Oct1905