Why does this pdf print fail?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue May 27 07:02:01 MST 2014

I recently ran into this myself.  In my case it turned out to be that
the internal PDF viewer in firefox would not print anything.

According to this page (
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/996487 ) it appears that it
was a bug that has not been fixed, and salvation is only an update away.

That being said, I prefer this solution fixed in firefox or not:
1, Go to Preferences
2. Click on the Applications tab (there could be a pause while it loads
the list of applications if you have a lot)
3. Find and select Portable Document Format (PDF) in the Content Type
column.
4. In the corresponding Action column select to use your native PDF
viewer (Okular in my case).
5. Click on OK

Brian Cluff