Bind9 and a Cisco router

David Demland demland at cox.net
Sat May 24 10:48:20 MST 2014

I have a Cisco 881W router and it does the DHCP to all my VLANs. I need to
configure Bind9 for DDNS so that my windows systems can be pinged by name by
all systems. Since DHCP is coming from the router I have no idea how to
configure Bind to use an external DHCP server for DDNS. Does anyone know
where I might find more information on this, or has someone already done
this and knows how I need to configure Bind9.

I used to do DDNS with Bind9 and DHCP on my Linux system, but the new
network configuration will not support that architecture so I have to come
up with a different way to make this work.

Thank You,

David