Cox

John J. Macey jjmacey at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:36:57 MST 2014

I've been lurking here for a while. I was in PHX, a student @ ASU, but
needed to return to NJ because of an ailing Mother. I did receive
several COX nasty grams, but was downloading too many things. Or, so I
thought. There is also the fact that Comcast is making a move. Netflix
might be something they are guarding against. Netflix killed me because
I was running Linux. Streaming video is killing their bandwidth. I don't
think a co-ed at ASU cares about such things.

In general ISPs are trying what to do next to get revenue. Out here on
the East Coast, Comcast has been pretty good. I suck up all their
bandwidth watching, and doing what I do, and that includes running three
different operating systems off my H-P Ultrabook.

COX is just fumbling around.