RFA: talk promo

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue May 6 13:34:43 MST 2014

moin moin,

This Thursday's topic is "Simple Techniques for Online Password Security",
which is directed at a non-technical audience. It's a great talk to reach
a wider audience than the PLUG membership. Indeed, in light of Heartbleed
( and ie and adobe and apple and ... ) we need a wider audience to see
the talk.

We need to contact ASULUG and other technical groups as well, but I need
more help reaching beyond our normal channels.

Please invite friends and family. Please invite other groups that need to
learn about desktop and online security. As always, please respect the
group and don't spam, but if allowable please announce the meeting.

When I gave the talk a couple of years ago, there were plenty of questions
from PLUG members with significant technical knowledge and experience, so
the talk should also be of interest to most PLUG members.

Speaking of Heartbleed, new OpenSSL packages in the repos, so make sure to
install security updates.

blurb:

###
This Thursday evening PLUG has a talk about "Simple Techniques for Online
Password Security". Recently discovered security holes ( Heartbleed,
Internet Explorer, MacOS, IOS, Adobe Flash ) highlight a need for everyone
to take care with their own data, especially the credentials used to
access it.

The talk is free and open to the public.

When: Thursday, 2014May08 at 19:00
Where: 251 North Desert Breeze Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226

http://www.phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting/91-meeting-topic-for-5-8.html

Calendar Invite: https://plus.google.com/events/cou79n1gkoj8g0brnchmbgv2peg

The talk will cover: password management, username management, the domino
effect, multi factor authentication and data escrow.
###

ciao,

der.hans
#  Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans