Another Chrome quirk

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu May 1 06:32:18 MST 2014

Yup, same here - gvoice and hangouts extensions both regularly crash
under chromium too, where I jumped from 28 to I think 31 when it began.

I ended up trying chrome, and while gvoice crashes occasionally, it'll
recover and work, and hangouts is much the same, only more crash-y.

I've not spent a lot of time removing various extensions to see if
something was conflicting, but I never found a good way of debugging
chrome either.

Oddly, my last company migrated to office365, which pretty much any mail
protocol sucks coming out of Azure, so webmail (owa) was necessary - but
didn't work on chromium.  Their scripting would just die and give a sad
microsoft face (no, not Ballmer either).  I upgraded to try and fix
that, breaking about everything else much as your experience.  Chrome
worked fine at least with the M$ beast.

Can't seem to win with Microsoft or Google these days...

-mb