What is kded?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 21:19:33 MST 2014

I've got Kubuntu 13.10 and KDE 4.11.3.  Today I went into system
settings, then power management.  I get an error message saying "Power
management configuration module could not be loaded.  The power
management service appears not to be running.  This can be solved by
starting or scheduling it inside "Startup and shutdown"

So I go to startup and shutdown, then I click service manager.  I get a
message saying Unable to contact KDED.

I have no idea what KDED is or how to fix this.  Any ideas?

Thanks

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore