How to stop this chrome browser message?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Mar 26 21:37:16 MST 2014

<el_cutpaste>

There IS a way to stop Chrome (or Chromium) from showing this annoying
prompt. You have to exit browser, locate Preferences file of your Chrome
profile (~/.config/chromium/Default/Preferences in Linux), find
'download' section that looks like:

"download": {
   "directory_upgrade": true,
   "extensions_to_open": "",
   "prompt_for_download": false
},

and change "extensions_to_open": "", to "extensions_to_open": "pdf", and
you won't see that prompt any more :) If there are already other
extensions, use a colon to separate pdf from the existing entries (i.e.
"foo:bar:pdf"). Then save the configuration file.

Originally found at askubuntu.com, posted by Rinzwind

https://superuser.com/questions/111674/google-chrome-annoying-download-warning

I was curious myself, those are annoying.

-mb