beowulf cluster

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Fri Mar 21 08:19:01 MST 2014

I would use whatever distribution offers the best community forum
(support).  I like Red Hat / Fedora (no distro war!!!) because so many
people use it, someone has usually solved my problem and I just need to
google for it.

In my Mosix cluster, I only had to recompile the kernels and rpm install
them on the other systems (plus NFS setup, IIRC).  I think Linux from
scratch would make your build time much much longer.

Regards,

George Toft