Larry Thiel passed away this morning ...

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 16:14:17 MST 2014

May he rest in peace!!

------------------------
Keith Smith

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:47 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at LuftHans.com> wrote:

moin moin,

with great sadness we report that Larry ( Dazed_75 ) died this morning.

He went quietly in his sleep today after a couple of unresponsive days in
hospice.

Larry was a great friend to PLUG and several other organizations here in
town. He was also a great friend for those who regularly interacted with
him.

Along with Todd, Larry has been the driving force behind the Installfests
for many years. Through his service, Larry has directly helped many people
over the years. He has also indirectly helped even more by improving the
organizations he volunteered for.

He recently found out he was terminally ill. He let several of us know so
we could find replacements for him, showing that he wanted to help us even
as he knew he had to stop participating. I have thanked him many times
over the years for his efforts and am glad I got one last opportunity.

Thanks to everyone else who volunteers for PLUG. I do appreciate it and
PLUG only succeeds through your efforts.

Thanks specifically to Boyd and Joe for reporting the sad news for us.

It's not all sad news, when Larry found out he was terminally ill, he
adjusted vacation plans to make sure he got in some scuba diving :). I'm
glad he had the opportunity to exercise a great passion.

He shared some of that passion with us recently with his presentation on
Subsurface. He also gave us an update on it earlier this year.

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/       http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/
#  Intelligence without compassion is a waste.  -- der.hans