Mail Server SMTP Relay

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Sat Mar 15 11:08:12 MST 2014

On 2014-03-15 10:41, Nathan England wrote:
> My home network has a postfix mail server which I send my mail
> through [...] I planned to use my ISP smtp service, but after
> doing all of this and finally getting my ISP to accept my
> relayed messages, they reject any email from me that does
> not explicity use my @isp.net domain in the FROM of my email

> So, I'm in the market for an email service where I can use any
> FROM address I want, so long as I authenticate to them via TLS or
> something...

I have my VPS at crow202.org set up to do something like this.  Trouble
is that some places seem to treat it as an untrusted evil spam host--I
tried sending some stuff directly to Joe a while back, and his mail
provider's junk filter ate it.  Anyway, I'll send you some info directly
in a minute or 2, and you can then try it out and see if it works for
you.

And yes, I think everyone got 4 copies of the message.  Hence Nathan's
wanting a different SMTP server....

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity