Wrong aspect ratio

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:56:01 MST 2014

I have a Geforce 210 card and a 1600x900 monitor.  When I play a game
that was designed in the old days when there were no widescreen
monitors, the game is stretched.  In windows there's an option in the
Nvidia control panel to change how it handles scaling.  I do this and
the game runs with the image in the center and black bars on the left
and right.

In Linux in Nvidia x server settings, there's no option to modify the
scaling.  I've looked online for a couple of hours and found nothing
that works.  I found some pages 4 or 5 years old that said this could be
done by using FlatPanelOptons in xorg.conf.  I tried this but it doesn't
work.  Does anyone know of a way to make this happen in Linux?

Thanks

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore