Help with finding Linux apps for editing HTML/Movies/Images

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Tue Jun 24 20:20:01 MST 2014

Thank you to all that responded.

Here is the list:

HTML: http://www.kompozer.net/
HTML: http://www.nvu.com/
video: http://www.kdenlive.org/
Image: Darktable for a lightroom style Photo post-processing tool
Image: gimp
Image: ImageMagick
HTML: NVU became Kompozer which became bluegriffon.
http://learningbluegriffon.informationhere.net/aboutbluegriffon.php
Image: gimp/inkscape/blender
Video: Cinellera - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra and Lightworks
  http://www.lwks.com/
Video: openshot.org
Image: Photo Shop Pro

Also one person suggesting editing the files in the docroot and
refreshing the browser to see the changes.  That is what I do now.  It
works great for programming and minor changes in the presentation layer,
however for a complete layout it is pain painstakingly slow.  Of course
I am not a designer so maybe design just takes time no matter how you do
it.

I have used Paint.net on my Windows laptop and find it to be ok. I would
like to go fully Linux, however I am going to need to install a vm and
set up Win in it sooner or later, so maybe at that point the Win v Linux
issue will be mute.  Of course the main reason I stick with Linux is I
know at some point I will need to because M$ will do something really
stupid and I will be forced to.

Thank you to everyone for your help!!