How to find or set printer IP address for wireless?

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed Jun 18 09:46:57 MST 2014

> Joe wrote:
>> Still can't figure out how to find or set the IP address for the
>> printer:
>> http://upquick.com/temp/find.printer.ip.jpg
>> http://upquick.com/temp/printer.settings.jpg

If things were working correctly, the printer should show up in the
"LAN Device List" tab on the modem part of the find.printer.ip.jpg
picture.  The other JPEG shows that the printer thinks its IP address is
169.254.94.163 --which is a zeroconf address and not in the address
range of 192.168.0.1/24 the way everything else you've got is.

On 2014-06-17 20:59, Stephen Partington wrote:
> So the printer is using a random ip address.

Not really random.  It's in the range where devices are supposed to
pick an address if they can't find a DHCP server.  That and the "Ad-Hoc"
line in the printer settings JPEG makes me think that the printer hasn't
been set up with the ESSID and password for your wireless access point.
I Could Be Wrong.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity