Kubuntu or Ubuntu and RAID 1?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Mon Jul 28 08:14:58 MST 2014

I just snag the server install disks by default these days.  They have
not problem at all with installing a system with RAID.  After the
initial install, just install the [kxl]?ubuntu-desktop package to get
whatever desktop you want.  The only downside is that all the deskstop
packages will have to come over the network so your install will take
quite a bit lot longer unless you are stilling behind a cache that is
repopulated or set APT to use the packages from the desktop CD.

Brian Cluff