linux from scratch

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:58:40 MST 2014

I was so excited (I am an exciteable guy after all). I compiled
successfully to the first binutils pass 2 when it barfedin compile. so
after some websearch I determined I should start again. as I was looking at
binutils pass 1 I read something again and understood it. "If building on
x86_64, create a symlink to ensure the sanity of the toolchain:
  case $(uname -m) in
  x86_64) mkdir -v /tools/lib && ln -sv lib /tools/lib64 ;;
  esac"

At first I understood it as "IF you are building a 64 bit system..." But
what it says is "If you are building on a 64 bit system...."