D&D ( distros and desktops )

Paul Mooring paul at getchef.com
Sat Jul 26 13:38:04 MST 2014

Hans,

I'm curious as to what prompted the migration to Ubuntu.  I've historically
used gentoo and CentOS for servers and Fedora on my desktop, but I've moved
towards Ubuntu across the board purely because of industry adoptance.

What's strange to me is although Ubuntu is a fine distro (especially for
desktop Linux users), the last 2 Ubuntu shops I've worked at haven't had a
single sys-admin who would choose it as their top choice yet it's still
been the primary distro we all use.

Paul Mooring
Operations Engineer
Chef