SUSE Linux Days Road Tour

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Fri Jul 25 15:00:49 MST 2014

I was wondering the same thing, are they even relevant still?

I can't remember the last time I've even heard a tall tale of a business
running SUSE, let alone anyone I know.  I remember a coworker being as
frustrated with Ubuntu as I've been last year, and trying it out.  He
apparently ended up back on ubuntu by the end of the weekend denouncing
it as *a mess* until he could find another escape hatch.

I'm still fighting with Mint Debian after 2 weeks, sorta got it happy,
but the package repo in testing leaves much to be desired for properly
defined dependencies and broken my packages at least a few times since
getting a usable desktop after a week.

A friend keeps telling me redhat and it's bastard children spawned
aren't so terrible anymore, might actually try fedora or cent after 10
years of bitterness from my last attempt still.

Figure there's gotta be something better, but seems not.  To each their
own devil when choosing the road less traveled, ie. linux.

-mb