linux from scratch

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:37:45 MST 2014

I ran the version-check script and some packages were installed and some
not. I installed most of them but there were some that would not install.
Google didn't help so I must ask here what package do I need to install to
get these libraries?

root at debian:~# apt-get install libgmp libmpfr.la libmpc.la
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libgmp
E: Unable to locate package libmpfr.la
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libmpfr.la'
E: Unable to locate package libmpc.la
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libmpc.la'
root at debian:~# apt-get install regex
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package regex
root at debian:~# apt-get install libgmp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libgmp
root at debian:~# apt-get install libmpfr.la
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libmpfr.la
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libmpfr.la'
root at debian:~# apt-get install libmpc.la
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libmpc.la
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libmpc.la'
root at debian:~#