Cheap Dell Laptops

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Fri Jul 18 18:21:22 MST 2014

You are correct.  Most vendors that I have seen allow you to turn off the
"lockdown".

Essentially,  the question is if you can install an OS without the special
certification key.  If that "feature" is enabled in the bios, you can never
install an thing but Windows on that machine... the bios won't let you.
But if you can turn that off, you can install what ever you want.

Even my beloved Arch handles UFI cleanly now a days.

Kevin