unlock profile

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:24:10 MST 2014

I am having a bear of a time with Chromium so I figured I would see if
Chrome worked any better so I download chrome and then tried to start it.
Nothing happened. So I opened a terminal emulator and started it from there
to see what errors would appear. Well, it seems to think chrome is running
and so has locked the profile. How does one ulock a profile. I tried
killing the process but that didn't work.

--error--
[5029:5029:0715/141134:ERROR:process_singleton_linux.cc(309)] The profile
appears to be in use by another Google Chrome process (16915) on another
computer (Presario-CQ57).  Chrome has locked the profile so that it doesn't
get corrupted.  If you are sure no other processes are using this profile,
you can unlock the profile and relaunch Chrome.
[5029:5029:0715/141134:ERROR:simple_message_box_views.cc(208)] Unable to
show a dialog outside the UI thread message loop: Google Chrome - The
profile appears to be in use by another Google Chrome process (16915) on
another computer (Presario-CQ57).  Chrome has locked the profile so that it
doesn't get corrupted.  If you are sure no other processes are using this
profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Chrome.