FireFox very slow on Win and Linux

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sun Jul 13 13:23:43 MST 2014

Hi,

I was thinking it was my machine.  I'm running and i5 with 8GB RAM and
Kubuntu.  And I was also thinking it was my connection.

Right now I was trying to reach a website on my local dev box and it
timed out.  I went over to my Win laptop and the site came up. So I
decided to try an alternation browser on my Linux box.  It came with
Rekonq.  WOW it was snappy.

I know others have complained also.  Maybe it is time to move on to
Chrome or something else.  Both FireFox and Thunderbird have been slow
for me.  I move from Thunderbird to KMail and it seems to work much
better.

Any thoughts on why FireFox would be so slow?

Thanks!!

Keith