how can i get dvd on latest amd 64 ubuntu disk - have slow connection

David Lopez lopezdavid123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:46:02 MST 2014

does anyone have a fast connection to be able to get the the latest release
for my machine and a blank disk. here is my machine: amd x86_64 bit

i can pick it up during day or maybe at the upcoming meeting on the 10th.

i have ubuntu distribution of October 2012 - 12.10. Ubuntu does not send
updates to it any more. they suggest using updating to 2013.10?. anyway,
why not update to the latest of 14.04? can anyone explain?

even if i have a slow connection, i have lots of time. what would be your
advice on downloading the iso? format to to disk, then transfer to dvd
on my crappy set up?

PS
david at coco:~$ uname -a
Linux coco 3.5.0-51-generic #76-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 15 21:19:10 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
David López
Software Engineer