rsync question

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Jan 27 17:13:57 MST 2014

rsync question:

I have a shell script similar to the following (but longer) that I use
to copy/sync/backup selected directories and files from my main computer
to a backup computer and also to copy/sync/backup those selected
directories and files to my web-hosted space.

This all works fine, except I have to enter the password for each segment.
Is there some way that I could embed the password in this shell script so
I do not have to manually type the password each time?

echo "starting files copy/sync/backup"

rsync -avH --delete --progress /home/joe/dir1/
joe at 192.168.0.64:/home/joe/dir1/
rsync -avH --delete --progress /home/joe/dir2/
joe at 192.168.0.64:/home/joe/dir2/
rsync -avH --delete --progress /home/joe/dir3/
joe at 192.168.0.64:/home/joe/dir3/

rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/dir1/ website at box123.bluehost.com:www/dir1/
rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/dir2/ website at box123.bluehost.com:www/dir2/
rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/dir3/ website at box123.bluehost.com:www/dir3/