Why did my Linux Mint system crash?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Jan 14 12:25:29 MST 2014

I agree, hardware issue with mobo, or proc (since north bridge memory
controllers are usually built in here now).  Seems more like a south
bridge issue (where pci bus liives), but could be memory corrupting
things as well.

Remove any external pci card you can, including usb devices.  I had a
western digital drive housing cause some very weird kernel issues when
plugged in even.

-mb