Amarok taking over

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:11:02 MST 2014

Recently I installed Amarok on my system running kubuntu 13.10.  It set
itself up as the default player for mp3, flac and m3u playlists.  I
didn't want that so I went into settings, file associations and sure
enough the defalt was amarok.  I reset these to vlc.  When I tried to
play one, amarok opened to play it.  I went back to settings, file
associations and amarok was set as the default for these file types.  I
tried resetting them several times, but amarok was always the default
player.  I finally fixed it by going back in, selecting amarok and
removing it instead of moving it down the list.  Has anyone else
experienced this?

Thanks
Derek

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore