After update wireless has to be reset each time

Nathan England plug-discuss at nmecs.com
Fri Feb 28 14:45:00 MST 2014

I have two laptops running Ubuntu 13.10 and a server running the LTS.

The two laptops updated a couple of days ago and ever since, when
booting up, it hangs at the black kubuntu display before ever reaching
KDM. I thought maybe it was just the one laptop, till I realized they were
both doing it. I assumed it was hanging trying to connect to a wireless
network or my cifs volumes hanging (which never has happened before).
Then my wife's desktop (also 13.10) began doing the exact same thing.

On top of that, Sunday night my server updated and wanted to reboot,
only to never boot again!!!

I'm happy to report my Server is once again running CentOS 6.5, and my
laptops are happily running openSUSE 13.1.

I have not had time to update my wife's desktop, which only reboots when
updates want anyway. So for now we have to boot and boot and reboot
until it hits the login. Then everything seems to work okay.

Death to *buntu! I'm soooo tired of it. I think I officially hate it, not that I
was much of a fan before.

Nathan

P.S. sorry to add more dark clouds to your storm Joe, but just wanted you
to know *buntu has bit lots of people lately...