Web Hosting

Nathan England plug-discuss at nmecs.com
Tue Feb 18 03:32:44 MST 2014

Howdy,

I have been with DreamHost for many years and have enjoyed their awesome
control panel (I hate cpanel), their fast response to issues, and the
help they've given me over the years with dumb questions. I have several
dozen sites hosted with them on a shared hosting plan. None of them are
money making sites, nonetheless, it is embaressing when someone tries to
get to a site and it is dog slow.

It seems now every week I have to submit a support ticket for them to
"restart my apache service" so my sites respond quickly again. Though,
this only lasts a short time and they are slow again.

I guess it is time that I look elsewhere for hosting support. I don't
want to spend the money on a VPS because my basic needs are met with a
shared account, and no doubt I get better resources than a 300MB ram VPS
would provide, unless the shared server is over-loaded, and VPS's larger
than 300MB of ram are more than I am willing to spend.

I despise GoDaddy because of their advertising practices (I actually
respect women and don't care to treat them all like a piece of meat or
porn stars).  Several friends have recently dumped HostGator because
their shared accounts are too slow.

Any recommendations?

P.S. A commercial account with my ISP and my server would be ideal for
all of my needs, but being up here in the sticks my ISP wants an arm and
a leg to provide more than 3MB/768K speeds, which are not realistic.

Thanks!