Search Engines & email

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Fri Feb 14 10:05:07 MST 2014

On 2014-02-12 13:21, denise wrote:
> In the DuckDuckGo forums I've seen suggestions for email
> providers but I haven't tried any yet.  I would appreciate advice
> for this as well.

I'm trying to get everything moved from large mail providers to the
postfix/Courier IMAP/Roundcube combination I have installed on my VPS.
This is technically more difficult than signing up with
largemailprovider.com .  There are a lot of steps.  postfix and Courier
IMAP are reasonably well documented, though, so it's not as difficult as
it used to be to run your own mailserver.  Remember that no large mail
service will take as good care of your mail as you will yourself, and
that there are no ads or tracking on a roundcube webmail client unless
you fiddle with it to put those things in.

I can put up a brief guide to setting up this stuff if people are
interested.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity