OT: Managing a Contact List

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Feb 13 11:05:46 MST 2014

My point was that faxing is old technology that can (and should) be
completely replaced by email/web/cloud storage... whatever is the most
appropriate for your document.

Email is more reliable, and you get to see what the document looks like
before you send it and it's even more of a time saver, because you don't
even have to stand up and go to the fax machine.

Fax requires special equipment that can have all sorts of problems from
low toner, paper jams, incomplete document retrieval, mechanical
failures....etc...etc...  It also requires in most circumstances a
dedicated phone line, so you get to pay $45 a month for a low quality
version of a document when you can get a high quality one for free.  Not
to mention the cost of the paper, toner (costs for both sender and
reciever) and the machine itself.

It's the one piece of equipment that everyone thinks they need until you
point out the alternatives and then they quickly decided that they don't
need to pay a bunch of money every money to service Luddites.

Brian Cluff