USB writes

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Tue Feb 4 21:06:24 MST 2014

Back in 2005-2006, I made a few firewalls using 1GB SD cards.  They all
lasted 4 years running smoothwall with continuous logging.

If you want to make it last longer, put /var/log and /tmp in RAM using
tmpfs, then periodically (once/day), make backups of the tmpfs and store
it on the SD card.  I then altered init to create the tmpfs, copy the
files from SD card to tmpfs.  It worked fine until init was updated by
yum.  Oops :)

Regards,

George Toft