Fwd: You have received a new OnePlus invitation

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:48:35 MST 2014

I have a oneplus on Tmobile, and the phone is great, the service is great,
the two combined has a few weirdnesses in it.

What i have found is that the oneplus has one weakness, its radio.

While plenty powerful it lacks the 700mhz band that tmobile is focusing on
for its LTE expansion. Add to this that the Oneplus only shares one of the
4 total frequencies that tmobile uses. There is the same issue with AT&T.

in most settings this is not an issue with the exception of every now and
then running across a weird deadzone that only seems to affect you and none
of the other tmobile devices nearby. it also really showed up when i drove
to snowflake (from Tempe). I only had service for about half of the total
trip while my wife with her phone had service the whole time with a couple
of moments interruption depending on where the mountain peak was.

Since then i have dropped CM11s for a late dec CM12 nightly that someone is
compiling and sharing out, and then amusingly enough putting the CM11s
(most current) radio back into place and right now this is giving me the
best connectivity so far in the valley and i am not having the issues with
deadspots i most normally have run into.

but the device is amazingly powerful, well built, and for me the best part
yours. you get to unlock it if you want. you can rom it if you want.
entirely up to you.

Also get a tempered glass screen protector at least, the way the edges are
exposed, while sexy, makes them vulnerable to nicks and chips (my screen
protector has eaten one of these moments already)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Nathan England <nathan at nmecs.com> wrote:

> I have a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus which I'm looking to replace.
> Oddly, it's still as powerful or more and has more storage than anything on
> the market today, so I've really waited to upgrade it. But I'm a little
> hesitant...
>
> As the market seems to be going, I'm leaning towards a phablet. One of
> these OnePlus One with a 5.5" screen seems like it would fit the bill
> nicely.
>
> Anyone use one of these on T-Mobile in the valley? I'd like to know how
> they work, is the coverage decent, do they actually use the network well?
>
> I currently have Moto G on verizon 3G which is ok. The phone itself is
> awesome but the network is slow. I hate Verizon. I also have a T-mobile
> Huaweii something or other junk phone which has a pathetic little screen
> and is horribly slow, but the network is screamin' fast... lol
>
> So I really want to move completely to T-Mobile. sorry to sound like an
> advertisement, but I've been impressed. So now I need to find a good device
> for it.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts...

Stephen