Mint boot problems

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Mon Dec 29 10:04:35 MST 2014

On 2014-12-28 20:57, koder wrote:
[problems with Mint not always recognizing that there's a USB keyboard
and mouse plugged in]
> Here is the current boot, obviously successful:
[much snippage]

There's nothing in those logs that makes success/failure obvious to me
though.  I took both dmesg logs and did a "grep -2 -i usb" on them.  The
USB subsystem messages were almost identical.  Both logs showed that the
keyboard was on 3-1 and the mouse was on 3-2, and that they were both
claimed by the usbhid module.

Are these devices plugged in to the machine directly, or are they
connected to a hub?  I've had flaky hubs cause this sort of intermittent
problem.  Or is this an X11 problem?  Can you ssh into this machine from
another box when it's showing the problem, and see if the mouse is
visible with "lsusb" and have a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log for
keyboard/mouse errors?

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity