Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 08:26:12 MST 2014

"Would be interesting to know why the migration."

Others may disagree but (IMHO) RH's business model; i.e. long term support
agreement, methods of patching and updating their repos and by extension
all Distros that copy or rely in their model (CentOS) where not designed
for "The Cloud" where VM instances are spun up or and destroyed minute by
minute.

To be sure RH and others have moved to try and better position their
products for this environment but this is one time when Canonical got their
first, with a build and lifecycle that better fits the environment.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
wrote:

> Would be interesting to know why the migration.
>
> On 2014-12-23 20:32, James Dugger wrote:
>
>> http://w3techs.com/blog/entry/debian_ubuntu_extend_the_
>> dominance_in_the_linux_web_server_market_at_the_expense_of_red_hat_centos
>> [2].
>>
>> Here is the reference.
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Nathan England <nathan at nmecs.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On 2014-12-23 16:43, James Dugger wrote:
>>>
>>>  Just a note regarding Ubuntu. It is a server centric install.
>>>>

>>> Personally, I'm not a big fan of any of the debian versions
>>> including any of the *buntu flavors. But as systemd destroys more
>>> and more linux distributions, I am increasing leaning towards
>>> ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I would like to know where you get the 500 per day number from...

>> --
>>
>> James
>>
>> LINKEDIN [3]
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [2]
>> http://w3techs.com/blog/entry/debian_ubuntu_extend_the_
>> dominance_in_the_linux_web_server_market_at_the_expense_of_red_hat_centos
>> [3] http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-h-dugger/15/64b/74a/

> Keith Smith

James

*Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-h-dugger/15/64b/74a/>*