Laptop Woes

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:36:41 MST 2014

I have a D620 that is in pretty good shape. The batteries are just dead. It
also has a fresh ubuntu install on it but i would guess you just will swap
the drive and move on.

It is the Core duo with 2GB ram. Let me know if you want it.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>
wrote:

> My daughter's Dell D620 seems to be dying. I think the screen is
> dead...the splash screen at boot time does not appear even though the HD
> light is on. It has Ubuntu on it now. I tried running the Dell Diag diak,
> but the screen remained dark as well.
>
> She has one more semester in high school, then off to college with a shiny
> new Macbook Pro. Sort of a family tradition as her two older sisters went
> down the gray path and abandoned Linux for iOS when they went to college. I
> read there will be another generation of Macbook Pros out this summer, so I
> would like to wait to buy her that new Mac until after high school
> graduation...plus relatives always chip in a little extra to mitigate the
> sting of the Apple price tag...;)
>
> Anyway, does anyone have an older laptop they are willing to sell that is
> comparable to a D620 (Core duo processor T7600, 14.1", A couple of Gigs of
> RAM)?
>
> Is there a place that older laptops go to be refurbished and resold? Does
> anyone have any experience with Device Pitstop (2827 W. Peoria Avenue,
> Suite 100-A Phoenix,)? They buy and sell computers.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

Stephen