Which Linux Mint 17.1 to install?

Wayne Davis waydavis at centurylink.net
Mon Dec 22 00:24:03 MST 2014

BE CAREFUL friend!

Installing Linux on a new unfamiliar laptop machine MAY be a recipe for
heartache.  NOT ALL hardware is compatible, and DELL in particular.
You may find that certain features will not/cannot work.

I HIGHLY recommend you use a program like Acronis to backup your entire
drive (all partitiions) and boot record JUST IN CASE.

Use the LIVE version of whatever OS you choose FIRST and try out
everything.  USB - both 2 and 3 ports, HDMI, DVD, Wifi, Bluetooth,
Audio...  EVERYTHING  B E F O R E  you commit and wipe the drive.