Reflashing BIOS.

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 06:54:09 MST 2014

I would try a low level format from the Drive manufacturers tools. i have
seen drive wiping processes leave the drive in a unuseable format before.
and there are littel bits that should be cleared and reset from those
tools. however this is going with the promise that you have given up on
your data and its all gone.

Also take a look at a new drive to have a temp OS on it, and take a look at
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk that has been the best recovery
tool i have used to date for data recovery. mind you you will need lots of
space because it will try to suck everything off the drive into a location
on another drive.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM, koder <iscreamkid at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I did not say explicitly, but it is my opinion that you do not need to,
> and should not flash the BIOS as the BIOS is booting.
>
> Yes, per Wikipedia, as I understand it, part of the EFI is on the hard
> drive, I assume that if the ROM BIOS is looking for that  portion it will
> go weird, as in hanging or something equally exciting.
>
> Please consult others for verification.
>

> On 12/17/2014 07:10 PM, Stephen M wrote:
>
> My drive is plugged in and yes I can boot into a live CD.  For a while it
> allowed me to fix the grub bootloader.  Not it says it found a GPT
> partition but nothing is on there but the OS.  And when I try to format a
> bios_boot partition.  It just throws up more errors.
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM, koder <iscreamkid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  If you do not have the hard drive plugged in can you boot to your DVD?
>>
>> In other words can you boot up, say with Knoppix or equivalent?
>>

>> On 12/17/2014 12:05 PM, Stephen M wrote:
>>
>> Plus rufus doesn't see my USB drive when my laptop does.  As for trying
>> to open an EFI shell, thats not happening.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Stephen Partington <
>> cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nevermind missed that this was post dban.

>> --
>> Stephen Melheim
>> 602-400-7707
>> SMelheim85 at gmail.com