Reflashing BIOS.

koder iscreamkid at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:21:56 MST 2014

OK, at least you are not looking at a new MB

I am working on the premise that some of the disk has part of the
formatting trashed.

There are a couple of levels of format; factory, and a user level

Wiser heads than mine will have to advise, but I would guess you need a
low level of formatting, partitioning and the put a file system on.

I am not sure if you can do this through a USB connection. Not part of
my skillset.

But, if it can't be done thorough USB, most USB drives have a standard
drive that you can take out and install in a standard computer and work
from there. Operative word, most.

How much of the EFI/UEFI code is on the hard drive that was trashed out?
I am not sure, but I don't think it all is in BIOS, but this is an HP.