email server

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sun Dec 14 20:43:32 MST 2014

I remember trying to setup an email for inbound, outbound, security, and
various client protocol support circa 2008, it was a giant pain to do,
never fully successful until years later iredmail came along that more
or less just preconfigures everything in a basic capacity, which you can
build on once you can examine an actual working setup.

Seeing how it is "supposed" to work already helped my understanding
considerably of the various bits to then build on, introduce redundant
db's, clusters, separating daemons between servers to scale beyond, etc.
with a decent baseline of "working" vs. not.

-mb