Using Dban

Todd Millecam tyggna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 11:26:13 MST 2014

Oh, if it's SSD drives, don't do it this way, this is solely for plattered
drives.  If you are using an SSD, then you just need to issue a secure
command to the drive and tell it to wipe itself--which you can do through
hdparm:

$~ hdparm --user-master u --security-set-pass PasSWorD /dev/sda  #sets
up security on the drive

$~ hdparm --user-master u --security-erase PasSWorD /dev/sda # the
point of no return delete everything on your SSD drive command

--
Todd Millecam