Test message 1412-09 at 10:42

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Dec 11 06:41:07 MST 2014

That would be good.  From what I understand a lot of people sign up for
news letters that they do not open.  This has caused the the industry to
start bouncing those messages.  I'm not sure if I have this right, so
correct me if I am wrong, there is some sort of rating system based on
the quality of subscribers.  That rating effects delivery and is based
on bounces and non opened emails.  The funny thing is I receive several
emails that I routinely do not open and they just keep coming.  I open
every PLUG email and that is one of the emails that was effected.

If I were Yahoo, I would want to reduce the number of emails the deal
with.  I get over 100 spam emails a day in my Yahoo account and maybe 20
emails I want.  Think about the resources that Yahoo used to deliver all
that extra email.

Unfortunately until they figure out how to ID real spam we will be left
to deal with these issue.

Spam has become a real issue with me.  Most of my email accounts now
receive some level of spam.  I might spend 5 or 10 minutes a day dealing
with spam.

By the way my snail mail box gets lots of spam also.  Unfortunately most
of it goes to the recycle bin, which uses up lots of natural resources.

On 2014-12-10 22:21, Brian Cluff wrote:
> It sure would have been nice if Yahoo would have made a way that we
> could have registered our mail server with them as serving out mail
> that people actually wanted and therefor skipping certain checks that
> cause the mail to bounce.
>
> ...but they didn't, so now a ton of people no longer us their service.
>
> Brian
>
> On 12/10/2014 03:08 PM, der.hans wrote:
>> Am 10. Dez, 2014 schwätzte Keith Smith so:
>>
>> moin moin Keith,
>>
>> Yahoo made a change that broke mailing lists and failed to care.
>>
>> http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DMARC
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>>
>>> For some reason I was experiencing trouble with several lists I
>>> belong
>>> to. Yahoo would bounce the emails.  I ended up adding an email
>>> account
>>> to my private domain so I can continue sending and receiving emails
>>> to/from those lists.
>>>
>>> I can tell you if you own a mailing list you are taking a beating
>>> with
>>> what is going on with the mail providers.

Keith Smith