Distro to run Drupal on

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 06:34:41 MST 2014

Keith. At work we are currently running Drupal 7.34 on RHEL 6.5. Our local
development vms are running on CentOS of the same version. I feel your pain
however.

I am looking at Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server to run the LAMP stack needed for
Drupal 8.  I have run Ubuntu for many uses over the past 5 years and it is
a solid server distribution. Ubuntu 's LTS server versions are outpacing
CentOS and even Debian itself as the web server of choice.  It is the
number one choice for servers in an Openstack deployment. It is the most
provisioned server thanks to Vagrant and Packer.

Others may disagree but I am seriously considering the move to an Openstack
cloud with our Web servers running 12.04 LTS for Drupal.